PURPOSE: This blog serves as my personal journal and album as well. A collection of inspirational articles, my own compositions as well as those borrowed from other minds. Included herein are the inspirational videos, photographs of my own family and various pictures personally taken.

INSPIRATION: Someday when I ‘m gone I hope this blog would still be around to constantly remind my own children what sort of a Father they had. That these are the sort of stories I liked. That this is the way how I think, i.e., through my own articles. That they are very precious to me. That this is the epitaph I wanted to be written in my tomb. That these are the sort of things they should do during my 7 days novena when I’m already dead, e.g., the prayers I wanted to be recited during my wake. So on and so forth… (Many of these things are still to be written)

Friday, June 12, 2009

THE PARADOX OF OUR TIME By Gerry Carlin

We have bigger houses yet smaller families, more conveniences but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge but less judgment, more experts yet more problem, more medicines but less wellness.

We’ve learned how to make a living but not life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years. We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered the outer space, but not the inner space. We’ve done larger things but not better things.

We’ve cleaned the air, but polluted the soul. We’ve conquered the atom but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

Remember: spend more time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember: say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person will soon grow up and leave your side. Remember to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and

it doesn’t cost a cent. Remember to say: I love you to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. (A kiss and embrace will mend a heart when it comes from deep inside of you). Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment, for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away…

No comments: