PURPOSE: This blog serves as my personal journal and album as well. A collection of inspirational articles, my own compositions as well as those borrowed from other minds. Included herein are the inspirational videos, photographs of my own family and various pictures personally taken.

INSPIRATION: Someday when I ‘m gone I hope this blog would still be around to constantly remind my own children what sort of a Father they had. That these are the sort of stories I liked. That this is the way how I think, i.e., through my own articles. That they are very precious to me. That this is the epitaph I wanted to be written in my tomb. That these are the sort of things they should do during my 7 days novena when I’m already dead, e.g., the prayers I wanted to be recited during my wake. So on and so forth… (Many of these things are still to be written)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

STUDYING FOR PRIESTHOOD

I visited my hometown lately for the death anniversary of my father (June 12, 2009; Friday) which coincides with the “Araw ng Kalayaan” a national holiday. The parish Priest was not around during the 6:00 am mass, for this reason, a 4th year Philo. Seminarian Julian Lozada Raut-Raut, Jr. conducted the “kasaulugan”. As his reflection for the Gospel reading, he read the “the Paradox of our time”. I was impressed with its content and message that is why after the “kasaulugan” I personally went to the convent and had a brief conversation with him so as with the other two seminarians who are on vacation. Eventually I borrowed the selection and decided to post it in my Blog as could be seen below.

Today, our hometown, Bayabas, Surigao del Sur, has around six diocesan seminarians, i.e., studying for Priesthood:

SEM. ROLLY M. CABUGA – currently in 1st Year level Theology in St. John Vianney Theological Seminary Cagayan de Oro. The seminary is managed by the Jesuits. He is the son of Camoloy Cabuga from sitio Cagbuaya, Brgy. Balete. Whenever he is on vacation, he serves the parish as choir master. He is very adept in playing the organ and piano.

SEM. JULIAN L. RAUT-RAUT – currently in 4th year level Philosophy in San Jose de Mindanao Seminary. Son of Josefa Lozada-Raut-Raut and Julian, Sr. from Brgy. Amag. A very soft spoken, accomodating and reflective person, meditative and deep thinker as well. Apparently very kind and polite.

SEM. JOHN PHILIP M. LOZADA – currently in 2nd year Philosophy in San Jose de Mindanao. Son of Ondoy and Femia Lozada.

SEM. DAVE ELMER M. JUCOM – 2nd year Philosophy student as well in San Jose de Mindanao Seminary. Son of the police officer Elvie Jucom and Merlyn Manliguez-Jucom.

SEM. NIEL P. QUIJADA – 1st year philosophy (second year as a seminarian) in San Jose de Mindanao Seminary. Son of Mercy Pondoc-Quijada and the late Samuel Quijada

SEM. VON RASSEL M. JUCOM – Pre-college or under the spirituality formation program. No academic studies yet for one year. In San Jose de Mindanao Seminary as well. He is the younger brother of Dave Elmer M. Jucom. Son of Elvie Jucom and Merlyn Manliguez-Jucom.

Shown in this picture are the following (From left): Sem. John Philip M. Lozada, Von Rassel M. Jucom and Sem. Julian Lozada Raut-Raut, Jr.

These Seminarians belong to underprivilege families (particularly: Sem. Julian and Rolly) for this reason, they are currently looking for sponsors to help them shoulder a portion of their expensive seminary studies.

For those who might be kind enough to share their blessings, any amount heartily shared will be very much appreciated. God for certain will return your kindness a hundredfold…

No comments: