PURPOSE: This blog serves as my personal journal and album as well. A collection of inspirational articles, my own compositions as well as those borrowed from other minds. Included herein are the inspirational videos, photographs of my own family and various pictures personally taken.

INSPIRATION: Someday when I ‘m gone I hope this blog would still be around to constantly remind my own children what sort of a Father they had. That these are the sort of stories I liked. That this is the way how I think, i.e., through my own articles. That they are very precious to me. That this is the epitaph I wanted to be written in my tomb. That these are the sort of things they should do during my 7 days novena when I’m already dead, e.g., the prayers I wanted to be recited during my wake. So on and so forth… (Many of these things are still to be written)

Monday, November 23, 2009

MY FATHER'S LOVE LETTER



One day, I happen to find this letter while I was browsing and trying to salvage a number of the old rotten family pictures in our old, disintegrating, ancient mother house in Bayabas. This is a letter of my father, Priscillano “Percing” M. Lozada addressed to my mother, Lucia V. Lozada. I was 3 years and 7 month-old when my father wrote this letter. I am the youngest among the eight children that our parents had raised. My father was born in 1921, so he was 54 years old when this letter was written.





Bayabas, Surigao del Sur

Oct. 12, 1974

Mrs. Lucia V. Lozada

Bayabas, Surigao del Sur

Dearest Mama,

Since our marriage, I had found nothing different as the years go by. Marriage to me with you is full of meaning in this world and without you as my love/wife I can’t live completely. Little misunderstanding sometime occurs which I consider a bit of marriage life, which may happen in all couples.

Hardships in life can always be solved thru mutual understanding. I found nothing from you for so much so I always go deeper to love you. Twenty five years of our marriage is still fresh and sweet.





Lastly but not the least I hope there will be more twenty-five years to come to vine our eternal love thru Jesus Christ our Lord. Sweet kisses from –

Loving husband,

Papa


No comments: